What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas….except of course for all the great pointers I’m going to mention for any of you considering visiting Vegas. Whether you’re into the party scene or just a relaxing time, this place has the best of both. With all the great clubs, shows and restaurants there’s always something to do but apart from that it also offers beautiful sceneries that are an absolute must see, like the Grand Canyon!
I guess that’s what I LOVED the most about Vegas, it truly has a little bit of everything for all types of people (but definitely not for kids)! I can’t emphasize that enough. In fact my first time in Vegas was when I was only 6 years old and even though I remember very little of it, I do remember that my older brother & I couldn’t do much because of our age. We were very limited as to what we could do, so we spent most of our time with our grandparents walking around the resorts and of course visiting the Grand Canyon. So being able to visit Vegas again was exciting for me, because it almost felt like I was going for the very first time. Before my trip I made a list of things my Fiancé & I wanted to do and we basically planned our 4 days around that list.
Things to do in Vegas:
- Visit each and every resort on The Strip:
-The cool thing about The Strip is that you can find all the famous resorts in exactly one place…down the strip of course. The Strip is approximately 4.2 miles, which makes everything pretty much walking distance. But don’t worry about passing out from heat exhaustion since you can buy a drink nearly anywhere on The Strip. All while you get to check out each resort and their unique features that offer different themes, which I personally found pretty cool because they will keep to that theme to the T. My favorite place to buy a drink on The Strip was at Fat Tuesday’s, you can find one pretty much anywhere near every resort & best of all their drinks are refillable.
My personal favorite resorts:
-The Venetian (LOVED THEIR GONDOLA RIDE)
– Buffets are the way to go in Vegas, there’s one in every resort. They can be pricey, but totally worth it, because the quality of food makes up for it.
– Each buffet ranges anywhere between $35.00 to $70.00
– With all the different themed resorts, you will also be getting very diverse menus that will hit all those taste buds in all the right places in ways that you never knew before.
– If you & your significant other love gambling (who doesn’t like to take some risks every once in a while), then Vegas will be your new favorite vacay spot. They basically eat, sleep & breathe gambling…it’s literally going on 24/7, since everything else closes but the casinos. You can literally find a Casino in every resort, even at the airport, just in case you want to try your luck out one last time before you leave. Plus the cool thing is that you’ll get free drinks from the bar attendees while you’re playing at the casinos.
- Shop till you drop:
-For those of you that can’t do without retail therapy, not to worry since you can find the shops inside every resort. From all of your high end brands to the regular stores that you can find pretty much anywhere else.
- Shows & nightlife:
– Vegas is well known for their award winning shows and you honestly can’t go to Vegas without watching a show. They have a variety of Cirque du Soleil shows, with “The Beatles & O” being their very best. You can find comedians pretty much everywhere, even some that offer magic with their acts, for those wanting to cross off two in one. Also you can’t forget about the singers that offer such amazing performances that they manage to draw in crowds regularly. We watched Le Reve & Absinthe (both were absolutely amazing), Absinthe being a mixture of a raunchy adult comedy & acrobat show.
For all those party animals not only does Vegas have well known DJs but they also have a variety of clubs that offer different themes + bottle service tables to make your experience extra special. The cool thing about Vegas is that while you’re on The Strip you can pretty much find a promoter on every corner & get information on what’s going on at night & who will be preforming where , which helps you out plan your night out. Luckily, we were able to get into Omnia Nightclub and get to see Steve Aoki, talk about an experience!
I would totally recommend informing yourself before heading out to any show or nightclub to make sure it’s the type of scene you like, cause its Vegas and there are tastes to meet anyone’s desire. You can find information about the shows on TripAdvisory & Yelp and the promoters can help you out with the nightclubs as well. When it comes to shopping for show tickets, I would totally recommend to purchase them ahead of time, because they do get booked fairly quickly.
- Grand Canyon Tour:
– If you’re in Vegas you have to set one day aside just to go visit the Grand Canyon. The beauty that this one place holds is something that everyone has to see with their own eyes at least once in their lives. The geological history that the Grand Canyon holds is truly amazing, like jaw dropping amazing! Trust me you won’t want to miss going to the Grand Canyon!!!
They offer a variety of tours that you can take to the Grand Canyon. Alex & I decided to do the bus tour that would pick us up early in the morning at the hotel & take us back at around 6:00PM, so yes, you’re literally spending the entire day there. I would totally recommend getting a tour that includes various stops so you can actually get the full experience of it all, especially a stop at the Hoover Dam. Trust me it is well worth seeing this incredible structure, so make sure that whatever option you’re getting includes it before purchasing your tickets. Also try and plan it out ahead of time, because we reserved our spots before we even headed to Vegas due to it filling up pretty quickly. Along with the Hoover Dam option we booked the tour that would take us to the West Rim, which allowed us to hike for about 3 hours once we got there.
We booked our tours through Sweet Tours Vegas, which offers a bunch of different tour options depending on what fits your needs better. You can take a look at their site & check out their different options + see how many spaces are available for the specific one that you’d like to go on.
- Visit Fremont Street:
-Fremont Street is a street in downtown Las Vegas, that is among the most famous streets there, besides The Strip. In fact some would even say that Fremont Street was the original Strip. Although you can find casinos located pretty much anywhere in Vegas, Fremont Street is known to have the most famous casinos in all of Vegas, like the Golden Nugget. Fremont Street also offers a variety of things to do & places to eat.
They even have a beautiful light show experience at night + a zip-line experience through Fremont Street. You can find a few similar things at Fremont to the Strip, like the Fat Tuesday’s drinks and artsy people trying to make a living. Plus, you’re walking distance from the Elvis Chapel, for any of you who would like to tie the knot, Elvis style!
With all that being said, I really hope that this short guide will help you out when planning your upcoming vacay to Las Vegas. There’s so much to do and so little time to do it in that organization becomes a definite must in order to maximize the most out of your vacation. But no matter what you decide to do I would like to wish those of you who are planning an upcoming vacay to Vegas the very best in their travels & that you get to live in the moment while you’re there because it’s totally worth it.
XOXO, Yesi 🥂
[Editor in Chief: Richard Bazails]