Today I woke up in the mood to cook, but to cook something totally out of my comfort zone. Since I was planning on relaxing the whole day at Casa Lizano today, I thought what better day than today, to make some yummy Baby-Back Ribs in our Slow Cooker! So here’s a little recipe for the next time you decide to bring out your Slow Cooker for some yummy ribs :
Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs Ingredients :
- 3 LB Baby-Back Ribs of your liking
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup of Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Sweet Chili Sauce
- 5-6 gloves of Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon of Cornstarch
- Sesame Seeds
- Green Onions
- Chili Powder (to liking)
How it’s Made :
- The day before you’re planning on making these ribs try to marinade them for at least 12 hours or longer, so the ribs can suck up all the juices from the marinade sauce that you’ll be preparing. In a small bowl mix the soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, five spice powder, sugar, sweet chili sauce, garlic and chili powder (to your liking).
- Once all of the above are mixed, cut the ribs between the bones to give individual ribs and place them in a larger bowl or freezer bag, so you can pour in the marinade sauce over the ribs, and don’t forget to allow them too sit in the marinade for at least 12 hours or more for a flavorful taste!
- Place ribs and marinade in slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. (I personally cooked it for 4 hours on high.)
- Once the slow cooker finished cooking, remove ribs from slow cooker and place them on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Remove the top layer of fat from the juice in the slow cooker, pour the remaining liquid into a small saucepan and whisk in 2 teaspoon of cornstarch on low, so that the sauce thickens.
- Brush thickened sauce over ribs and broil the ribs for about 5-6 minutes so the sauce is able to caramelize on top.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired!
Chinese Fried Rice Ingredients :
- Cooked Rice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can of Diced Carrots
- 1 White Onion
- Diced Green Onions
- 1 can of Peas
- Freshly-minced Garlic
- Soy Sauce (added to taste)
- Butter (best way to stir fry the rice, rather than oil)
How it’s Made :
- Using cooked chilled rice is the best way to make some yummy fried rice, you’ve gotta plan ahead and use throughly chilled rice. A fresh batch won’t do the trick, so I suggest making the rice earlier in the day and storing it until you’re ready to make your fried rice.
- In a sauté pan, scramble your eggs using a small pat of butter, breaking them into small pieces as you go. Then transfer the eggs to a separate plate, and set aside.
- Sauté your veggies and garlic with the remaining butter altogether until they are throughly cooked.
- Scooch the veggies over to one side of the pan, melt some more butter in the other half of he pan, and add the chilled rice and soy sauce. Then stir to combine with the veggies and continue sautéing the rice altogether, stirring for a full 3 minutes, or until you notice that the rice and veggies are starting to brown slightly.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in your green onions, sesame seeds and scramble eggs.
- Give the rice taste, and season with some salt and pepper to your liking!
XOXO, Yesi 🥂