Whether you are in need of a fast, healthy dinner, a meal to wow the crowd, or just simply a protein that you can enjoy tonight and eat as leftovers the next day, this is the baked Salmon recipe for you! I try to mix-up our meals of the week as much as possible, so we’re always eating something different throughout the week, and I also love making fish at least once a week. This Monday I shared on my Insta stories that I was going to make Salmon for dinner & you guys were asking me to share my Salmon recipe ASAP, so here it is!
- 2 pound side of Salmon
- 3 Limes – cut in half, plus extra for serving as desired
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper (or to personal taste)
- Half an Onion sliced
How it’s Made :
- Remove the Salmon from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes while you preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Lightly coat the foil with olive oil, then arrange the Salmon right in the center.
- Squeeze the 3 limes onto the Salmon, making sure that the juices are staying within the baking tray.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and lemon pepper, rub to coat and lay sliced onions on top of the Salmon.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the Salmon until it is completely enclosed. If your piece of foil is not large enough, place a second piece on top and fold the edges under so that it forms a sealed packet. Leave a little room inside the foil for air to circulate.
- Bake the Salmon for about 20-30 minutes, until the Salmon is almost completely cooked through at the thickest part. The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your Salmon. If your side is thinner (around 1-inch thick) check several minutes early to ensure that your Salmon does not overcook.
- Once you Salmon is cooked, remove the Salmon from the oven and carefully open the foil so that the top of the fish is completely uncovered. Change the oven setting to broil and return the Salmon to the oven for about 5-10 minutes, until the top of the Salmon and onions are slightly golden, make sure to keep an eye on the Salmon, just to make sure it doesn’t overcook during this process.
- To serve, cut the Salmon into portions & squeeze an extra lime for desired taste!
XOXO, Yesi 🥂