I mean, who doesn’t love a good ol’ Sunday Brunch? I sure do! Alex & I love going to Bonefish every once in a while for Sunday Brunch, but recently we’ve been brunching from the comfort of our home, because who doesn’t love a lazy Sunday? Especially when you get to enjoy it in the comfort of your favorite PJ’s & Slippers! Alex normally works 11-days straight & then has a 3-day weekend, so we always try to make the best of it whenever he’s got the whole weekend off. And what better way than to celebrate his Sunday off than with brunch?
I’m normally an early bird, no matter what day of the week it is. So while Alex takes a break from his early morning routine for work, I prepare some yummy breakfast & every little thing that we will be needing for Sunday Brunch; Mimosas DUH!💁🏼♀️🥂 So, I thought it’d be nice to share a few of my favorite recipes for your next Sunday Brunch, I hope ya’ll can enjoy!
Western Omelette or Scrambled Eggs :
Alex & I love either of the two, especially when they are packed with yummy ingredients; which is why we always stick to the Western one. Plus it’s super easy to make, and omelettes/scrambled eggs in general are a great choice for a low carb breakfast, because they pack you full of protein and keep you full for quite a while easily.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs (in our case 4-5 large eggs, depending how hungry we are)
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper/red bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cooked ham chopped
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt/pepper to liking
How it’s made :
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs well & set aside.
- I’m an 8-inch skillet 🍳, melt 1 tbsp of butter, then add in the onion & sauté until tender.
- Add in bell peppers and fry until the onions are softened to your liking and the bell peppers are tender crisp.
- Add the ham and cook for one more minute while stirring.
- Pour the eggs mixture over top of fried ham/vegetable mixture.
- Turn down the stove heat to low and cover with a lid for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are solid and cooked almost through, flip the entire circle and cook for one more minute. But if you’d prefer to eat some yummy scrambled eggs, just scramble them up while adding some cheese & skip the following two steps down below!
- Place the cheese on one side of the omelette and fold over the omelette into a half circle shape.
- Let the cheese melt inside and then serve.
Homemade Pancakes :
I’m obsessed with pancakes, so whenever I get the chance to munch on them…I definitely do just that!😜 Check out these easy to make homemade pancakes 🥞 from scratch! (Plus, besides adding some sweet syrup; you can also top them off with some freshly cut strawberries & whipped cream!)
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
How it’s made :
- Mix in all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. (Flour, baking powder, sugar, salt)
- Whisk egg in a small bowl and add to the above flour mixture along with the milk.
- Stir together, until well blended and pour onto hot greased griddle.
- Wait until pancakes are bubbling and cooked around the edges and flip.
- Garnish with freshly cut strawberries 🍓 & some yummy whipped cream.
I normally always like to have a couple of sides to pair with the Omelette/Scrambled Eggs 🍳& Pancakes 🥞 ; so I always tend to make some wheat or classic toast with butter or jelly. And of course we can’t forget the BACON 🥓; bacon is completely necessary for a Sunday Brunch @ Casa Lizano!
Oh, and we can’t forget the Mimosas either🥂, the most important part of it all 😆! Here’s what I consider the perfect mix for a Mimosa :
- 1/4 cup pulp-free orange juice
- 1/4 cup + a splash 😆 sparkling white wine (my personal recommendation would be Prosecco)
How it’s made :
- Pour 1/4 cup of orange juice into a champagne flute (this should fill nearly half of the glass).
- Pour 1/4 cup of Prosecco into the flute; and of course top it off with some extra splash..you can just eyeball it lol! (I’ve found that, that extra splash is exactly what the drink needs to go from good to GREAT! 🥂
- If you’re like me, you can just garnish it with some of the extra freshly cut strawberries 🍓!
Time to enjoy :
Now that I’ve told you a few of my fave things to make for Sunday Brunch, I hope ya’ll can enjoy these easy-to-make recipes & let me know how ya’ll liked them!😘
XOXO, Yesi 🥂